Friday 27 July 2007

Titles...

...are important. And the art of producing a title that is accurate and catchy is extremely difficult. There are fashions in these things. But whether you go for a single word or complex phrase, it has to entice the browser to take the book from the shelf and then stick in the mind.

I have been thinking about titles for the Charlie Cornelius books. There is no pressure to come up with anything, and I'm certain something in the text will prompt that perfect phrase. At the moment I use the following working titles on my folders: 1 - The Best Days; 2 - All The Fun; 3 - Years of Grace; 4 - Blue Shift.

These are entirely personal and not very catchy, although I must confess to a liking for 'Blue Shift'. It will be interesting to see how these evolve into the final titles.

No comments: